Sweet treats for the literary, the musical, the feminine, and the generally filthy.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Delight in Disorder

It's time to finally digest my most recent obsession, though not new themselves, the Danish electro-rockpop band Mew's new album "No More Stories/Are Told Today/I'm Sorry/They Washed Away/No More Stories/The World Is Gray/I'm Tired/Let's Wash Away." They would seem from the first track to be comparable to any other layer-heavy indie electro-avatars, but the track rolls into number two, "Introducing Palace Players," a nest of layered textures and a begrudging attitude with guitar and drums slightly pulling each other along until the zipper pulls down, spilling out enough synth to introduce vocals. The whole album is infectious and lovely, but this makes my top ten favorites this month for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juliana,

    Great meeting you Wednesday. I love the quote you have at the top of the website. How do you get to be so wise at so young an age i want to know? Don't know if you've looked at my site yet, but have a look at www.davidmichael.com and drop me a line, let me know what you think.

    My e-mail is david@davidmichael.com btw.

    I'm working on geting a show together January at the Fridge on Capitol Hill and will keep you posted so you can do a reading if you want.

    Also, dig the Mew's track, but dig even more the way you write about it!

    Best, dm

    ReplyDelete