Sweet treats for the literary, the musical, the feminine, and the generally filthy.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Treats Treats Treats

Just the other day I was thinking, boy, I'd really like to hear a distorted synthdancepop group led by a really bangin', smooth lady singer in shiny pink leggings.
Then I saw this:

Sleigh Bells: Ring Ring from Amplified on Vimeo.

Their album Treats is sort of exactly what this very blog is all about. It's extremely sample-able, every song, one into another, and all resemble a very clashy-trashy yummy pop assembly of recklessness and cuteness.



Also, for all you hardcore heads, there's a show at the Corpse Fortress in Silver Spring this Sunday. Sick Fix is some OG-DC straight edge, and they're playing with Sorry Excuse from Kansas and Kicked In from the Midwest. I'm trying to find someone to come with me! Six bucks, starts at six.

I forgot all about it last night when I was out, but Brian Jonestown Massacre is going to be at 9:30 June 9, and I'm trying to cop two tickets. Anyone have an extra, mayhap?

In other news, the search ensues for jobs/housing in Brooklyn! I'm looking for work copy-editing, writing for blogs or more unlikely yet, a magazine. I didn't get a degree for nothing, after all; so it's the maddening sting of entitlement for me!



1 comment:

  1. Generally, if I can ask far enough in advance, my friend at 9:30 can get me into any show (up to +3), sold out or not. Let me know and I'll contact him. I could stand to see some actual insanity on stage.

    ReplyDelete