Sweet treats for the literary, the musical, the feminine, and the generally filthy.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pause for Vindictiveness


It's like I say about the whole Twilight thing: if there's eye-candy to be had, throw it up on screen and get out of the way, but I'm not so tempted to sit through the reading of a so-called "guilty pleasure" paperback with teenpop hype and zero contribution to adult literary cannon when there is SO much other time-tested classics I haven't even touched (Brothers Karamozov, Beyond Good and Evil, War and Peace, and anything by Henry Miller). I'm sure I would gobble down the thing, cherry and all (no pun intended), but I'd feel emptier after doing so.

I feel similarly about country poprock semi-gods Kings of Leon who have that one song that's just...awful. And here I'm breaking my whole rule, aren't I? If it's tasty and potentially harmless it's not worth demonizing? Okay, but I can still laugh myself stupid at articles like this: KOL Cancel Tour For Unsanitary Conditions.

Favorite line from their twitter: "You may enjoy being shit on but we don’t.

Yeah, what gives? Why would you show up to a KOL concert if you didn't?



No comments:

Post a Comment