Sweet treats for the literary, the musical, the feminine, and the generally filthy.

Friday, August 9, 2013

Goodbye Face

They want you trapped, and they want you to do it to yourself.

Maybe this is the only online place where I don't have to be reminded of how boring everyone is. I begin to bore myself, when given too much freedom to express this or that that I believe now only because I had shit for sleep, shit to eat, and a shit drive home. Or that I believe this or that because someone licked my ass and gave me a kitten.

I don't care about shocking. I don't care about impressing. I want to care about the work I do, which is hard when no one else does. I think maybe you have to be your sole believer, your only disciple. Disciple must be linked with discipline. Discipline is being a disciple of yourself, of your own work, even when it means fuck all to anyone else.

We may not own our own minds anymore. Did we ever?

Artists are quitting their art because internet people are cowards and are mean to those who create, because they themselves will never create anything of importance except maybe a child raised by McDonalds and Dell, or a healthy throbbing tumor. They won't rest until we are all boring and marching dutifully into the meat grinder.

I find it disturbing that someone I barely know can download and print out a picture someone else took of me, send it to a printer and have a book made up with my face in it, never tell me or ask permission.

Our culture is cheap, and seeks to cheapen us. I feel cheap, used and abused, but I can't file a restraining order this time. I've trapped myself again.

Are you embarrassed by sincerity?

I like pinterest. This is my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/floraisadora/inspiration/

I like bandcamp. This is my bandcamp: http://julianagrace.bandcamp.com/

I like some of what I write. You will never see it until it is beautiful.

I like my blog. If you are curious you can read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment